13 breakup anthems that yous need to listen to if you've been cheated on

beyonce baseball bat

Beyoncé will exist your hero throughout the recovery process.
Parkwood Entertainment

Getting cheated on is one of the worst things that tin happen to you. It destroys your trust and tin have lasting effects that stay with you into your adjacent relationship and beyond.

Though it's upsetting it likewise seems to be common, making it the subject of many a breakdown canticle or ability carol.

So whether you knew it all forth or information technology was a total stupor, hither are the tunes that are going to condolement you and go you through it.

"Y'all Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette is a perfect song for when the wound is still raw.

Alanis Morissette knows how to make people feel things.
Youtube

This is the ultimate jam for the cheatee. It's angry, it's honest, and it'southward got a chorus ripe for screaming in the shower, in the car, or wherever you need.

And I'm hither, to remind y'all / Of the mess y'all left when you went abroad / It's not off-white, to deny me / Of the cantankerous I carry that you gave to me / You, you, you oughta know

Sentry "You lot Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette.

"Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood is the perfect post-cheating song.

Carrie Underwood'south song volition brand you the perfect amount of aroused.
Youtube

This wouldn't be a existent list without this cheater revenge classic. Now's the time to bust information technology out at karaoke.

'Cause I dug my key into the side / Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel bulldoze / Carved my proper noun into his leather seats / I took a Louisville slugger to both head lights / I slashed a hole in all iv tires / Perhaps side by side fourth dimension he'll think before he cheats

Watch "Earlier He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood.

Listen to "Imitation Honey" by BTS to get over your cheating ex.

BTS is exactly what you need to mend your broken middle.
ibighit/YouTube

If what you demand to go over an ex is dramatic choreographed dancing, neon lighting, pyrotechnics, waterfalls, and a candy pit, yous might observe your back up in this K-pop hit. The English translation is more well-nigh lying to someone to make a relationship work, only these seven heartsick boys share your pain.

I'm so sick of this fake love, false love, imitation dear / I'm so lamentable but it'due south fake love, simulated love, fake love

Watch "Fake Love" by BTS.

"It's Not Correct, Simply It's Okay" past Whitney Houston will brand you feel all the feels.

Whitney Houston's voice will heal you.
whitneyhoustonmusic/YouTube

If you lot, similar Houston, have the literal receipts on your partner's adultery, and then you know it's not right, but it'south okay and the chorus of wronged women in the video all know you're gonna brand it anyhow.

It's not correct but information technology'due south okay  / I'm gonna make it anyhow / Close the door backside yous go out your key / I'd rather be alone than unhappy

Picket "Information technology'due south Not Right, But It's Okay" by Whitney Houston.

"Cry Me a River" by Justin Timberlake will assure you karma will come up your cheater's way.

Justin Timberlake knows how it feels to exist cheated on.
Justin Timberlake/YouTube

We all like to indulge in a good karma fantasy. Pour yourself a glass of wine and imagine your cheating lover crawling back to you only to exist told, "Cry me a river."

Daughter I refuse / You lot must accept me confused with some other guy / The bridges were burned / At present it's your turn, to cry

Watch "Cry Me a River" by Justin Timberlake.

"Don't Bother" by Shakira will inspire you to move on.

Shakira volition exist fine — and and so volition y'all.
Shakira/YouTube

This is the song for when you lot're still madly in love with the person who'south moved on, merely know information technology'south a dead end. Don't carp, you lot'll be fine.

So don't bother / I won't die of deception / I hope you won't always see me cry

Scout "Don't Carp" by Shakira.

"Heard it From a Friend" past LOLO won't sugarcoat the situation.

LOLO gets emotional in her music video.
LOLO/YouTube

If Marvin Gaye'south "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" is too tame for you, LOLO'south got you. Trust a girl who titled her album "In Loving Memory of When I Gave a S----."

Aye I heard it from a friend who / Heard it from a friend So / When you gonna tell me you f---- me over / Don't you know that people sentry / Don't you know that people talk So / When you gonna tell me you don't desire me no more

Scout "Heard it From a Friend" by LOLO.

"Hold Upwardly" and "Don't Hurt Yourself" by Beyoncé are the perfect cheating anthems.

Beyoncé gives her cheater a warning.
Beyonce/YouTube

I couldn't pick but one off song off Beyoncé's magnum opus Lemonade , so I pretended these back-to-back alarm jams were i tune. If you haven't, do yourself a favor and lookout the whole matter.

How did it come down to this? Scrolling through your call list/ I don't wanna lose my pride, only I'mma f--- me upward a b----

Uh, this is your concluding warning / You know I give yous life / If you lot try this sh--- again / You gon' lose your wife

Watch "Hold Up" and "Don't Hurt Yourself" by Beyoncé.

"Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson is the ultimate daughter-power song.

Kelly Clarkson will inspire you to exist strong.
Kelly Clarkson/YouTube

In the iconic words of Queer Eye'due south Jonathan Van Ness, "Y'all're strong, you're a Kelly Clarkson vocal, you got this."

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger / Stand a little taller / Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone / What doesn't kill yous makes a fighter / Footsteps even lighter / Doesn't mean I'k over 'cause you're gone

Scout "Stronger" past Kelly Clarkson.

Relax and listen to "Milkshake it Out" by Florence + the Auto.

Florence + the Machine'due south ethereal vox will make yous forget about your ex.
Florencemachine/YouTube

Florence Welch's dreamy, ethereal vocalization coupled with the big swells of the chorus are a reminder that in that location is pain in all this, but this is a showtime, a new chapter, and the occasional jump cleaning is necessary. Do some yoga. Heed to Florence + the Auto. Shake it out.

Shake it out, milk shake it out, / Milk shake it out, milkshake it out, ooh whoa / And it's difficult to trip the light fantastic with a devil on your back / So shake him off, oh whoa

Picket "Milkshake it Out" past Florence + the Auto.

"F--- Yous" past Lily Allen says everything you're thinking.

Lily Allen's foreign music video will distract you.
Lily Allen/YouTube

Cheating can cast a new light on a relationship;  a harsher light that maybe reveals all the other pieces you were willfully ignoring for a while. Lily Allen'south cheery ruminations on a person'southward shortcomings can't assist merely make you experience cheery, too.

f--- you (f--- you) / f--- you very, very much / 'Cause nosotros detest what you do / And nosotros hate your whole crew / Then, please don't stay in touch

Lookout "F--- You" past Lily Allen.

"Resentment" by Beyoncé will most likely make you cry — in a good way.

Beyoncé's words are pure magic.
Brad Barket / Stringer/Getty

This perennial cheating ballad, off her anthology "B'Day," is for when yous demand a song that rips your middle out on repeat. If you lot fall down the rabbit hole watching different live versions of this song on YouTube, yous'll detect the slight changes in the lyrics depending on how long information technology's been and how Bey's feelin' nigh her circumstances. The whole thing is a masterpiece in distrust.

You could have told me that y'all wasn't happy / I know y'all didn't wanna injure me / But look what you lot done to me now / I gotta await at her in her eyes / And run into she's had half of me / She ain't even one-half of me / Look what you lot've done to me now / Information technology's all because yous lied

Lookout man "Resentment" by Beyoncé.

No matter where you're at in your healing procedure, there'southward a song for you lot.

Sign up here to get INSIDER'southward favorite stories straight to your inbox.

Deal icon An icon in the shape of a lightning bolt.

Keep reading